The SCOTT Spark eRide 930 applies proven electric assist technology to a capable off-road package. Powered by the Shimano STEPS drive system, and in unison with our patented TwinLoc technology, the Spark eRide 930 brings another element to the mountains.
Our integrated chain guide was developed in collaboration with the SCOTT SRAM MTB Racing Team.
The idea behind was to create a reliable component that helps to avoid dropping chains but that was light, versatile and integrated in the design of the frame. The new Spark chain guide weighs just 23 grams and is easy to assemble thanks to the smart assembly system and can accommodate chain rings from 30 to 36 teeth.
We have adopted the new Metric shock sizing standards with a Trunnion mount. Since the shock body now extends between the two lower mounting bolts, our suspension partners have more design space. This means the shock has more stroke for the same eye to eye length. Stroke on the 165mm eye to eye shock has increased from 38mm to 40/45mm.The Trunnion standard also offers structural gains. The shorter shock enables us to build a very compact frame and shock package, which integrates tightly to the seat tube. We managed to have a very tiny yet stiff linkage-lighter than ever. Thanks to the Trunnion mount construction, stand over height on the new Spark is very low. We are still able to realize a super compact full suspension frame and provide the ability to mount both a small and big water bottle.
The Spark family maintains the 165mm eye-to-eye shock length of the previous Spark 900 (our shortest shock), but realises up to 7mm more shock stroke. All Spark RC and most Spark and Spark Plus bikes utilize the FOX Nude shock, specially made for SCOTT:
-165mm Metric Trunnion shock
-40mm (100mm travel RC Spark line-up) vs. 38mm (old Spark)
-45mm (120mm travel Spark line-up)
By turning the Trunnion shock upside-down, we can fully integrate it into the frame which results in several benefits.Since the Trunnion mount is the same width as the down tube and mainpivot, we can have a very clean frame design in this critical area. The lack of tight transitions and small details allows for an efficient, continuous carbon structure. Carbon material added to reinforce the shock mount also stiffens the connection between the down tube, main pivot and bottom bracket, a key stiffness path.
The flipped shock also lowers the frame’s center of gravity helping to give a more planted feel when riding. Unsprung mass is reduced since it is the lighter part of the shock, connected to the linkage, not the heavier body which must move during an impact – the suspension system can react faster.Our TwinLoc remote cable can be routed cleanly into the down tube.
With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes. With 27.5" wheels, you can run either 2.5", 2.6" or 2.8" tires. For the 29er, anywhere from 2.4"-2.6" is good to go.
The Shimano color display comes in a compact size and is nicely integrated on the handlebar. While the display features full connectivity with Shimano Di2 components it also allows for individual settings for the information shown. The switch has been redesigned specifically for mountain bikes. Thanks to the ergonomic design improvements, the switch is now better integrated and offers a similar feel to a gear shifter.
Customizable via app
- Frame - Alloy Frame / Virtual 4 link kinematic VLK
- Fork - RockShox Recon RL Solo Air 15x110mm QR axle
- Shock - X-Fusion NUDE Trunnion SCOTT custom
- Drivetrain - RockShox Recon RL Solo Air 15x110mm QR axle
- Brakes - Shimano BR-MT520 Disc 203mm F&R / SM-RT64 CL Rotor
- Motor - Shimano STEPS E8000 250W
- Battery - integr. 500Wh Battery
- Display - integr. 500Wh Battery
- Frame - Alloy Frame / Virtual 4 link kinematic VLK 27.5"" and 29"" compatible / geo adj. / Boost 148x12mm 120mm travel / Shimano E-8000 Integr. DT Battery Tapered Headtube E2, Central Kickstand Mount
- Fork - RockShox Recon RL Solo Air 15x110mm QR axle / Tapered Steerer Reb. Adj. / 2 Modes / Lockout / 130mm travel / E-Bike
- Shock - X-Fusion NUDE Trunnion SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj. 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control -Descend Reb. Adj. Travel 120-85-Lockout / 165x45mm
- Number of Gears - 11 Speed
- Shifters - SRAM NX1 Trigger
- Chainset - Shimano STEPS FC-E8000 / 165mm / 34T
- Chainrings - Shimano 34T / Alloy
- Cassette - SRAM PG1130 / 11-42 T
- Chain - n/a
- Front Derailleur - n/a
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM NX1 / 11 Speed
- Bottom Bracket - n/a
- Pedals - None
- Rims - Syncros X-30S / 32H / 30mm / Sleeve Joint Tubeless ready
- Front Hub - Shimano HB-MT400-B CL / 15x110mm
- Rear Hub - Shimano FH-MT400-B CL / Boost 12x148mm
- Front Tyre - Front&Rear: Maxxis Rekon / 29x2.6"" / 60TPI Kevlar Bead EXO / TR Tubeless ready / Dual
- Rear Tyre - Front&Rear: Maxxis Rekon / 29x2.6"" / 60TPI Kevlar Bead EXO / TR Tubeless ready / Dual
- Front Brake - Shimano BR-MT520 Disc 203mm F&R / SM-RT64 CL Rotor
- Rear Brake - Shimano BR-MT520 Disc 203mm F&R / SM-RT64 CL Rotor
- Brake Levers - Shimano BL-MT501
- Handlebars - Syncros FL2.0 Steps mini Riser / Alloy 6061D.B. 12mm rise / 9° / 760mm Syncros Pro lock-on grips
- Grips - n/a
- Headset - n/a
- Stem - Syncros FL2.0 / 6061 Alloy integrated Top Cup / 31.8mm / 6° / 1 1/8""
- Saddle - Syncros XM2.5
- Seatpost - Syncros Dropper 2.5 / Remote 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M, L & XL 125mm
- Post Clamp - n/a
- Weight - 23.1Kg