*This is a custom made bike that has been used. The colour is Orange and not Red as per the stock photo. Please get in touch with us for specific details on this bike and its spec if you require them. This is a rare opportunity to purchase a very high end folding bike at a fraction of the cost. See the official Bike Friday site for more info on their brand.
The Pocket Rocket was designed by Bike Friday co-founders Alan and Hanz Scholz out of a love for road racing and a desire to easily take their high performance, custom fit bikes with them on adventures around the world. They were successful in accomplishing these goals with the Pocket Rocket and Pocket Rocket Pro (ultralight frame version).
This bike has a surprisingly light and nimble road bike performance feel, even though it also folds in seconds to pack into the trunk of a car or can pack into an airline check-able suitcase. It has the larger sized 20inch wheels, 451mm (it is weird but the bike industry has two 20inch wheel sizes!) and these take up to 1 3/8inch width tires.
A fun fact about smaller wheels that road riders love is the smaller wheels are incredible climbers and you can draft several inches closer to your buddy in the pack ahead of you (big grin here!)
Valuable Features of the Pocket Rocket:
- High performance, nimble ride, built for long miles, great on hills with 20 inches (451mm) wheels.
- When folded it fits into a space 34x33x12” (varies by frame size) (86x83x31 cm) easily fits in a car trunk in minutes
- Built to fit you from top tube lengths ranging 48cm to 62cm
- Rocket frame built for riders up to 220-lbs (100 kg)
- Heavy rider upgrade available up to 260-lbs (118 kg)
- Lighter frames available for Pocket Rocket Pro/Super Pro upgrade (option above) or smaller riders
- Packs into a standard airline check-able suitcase